OTHER SERVICESRunBoston provides many services other than private tours and group fun runs. If your hotel, business, university, or social group would like to partake in a New England running event, RunBoston can help!
Many organizations have utilized our staff's diverse experience to help plan road races, to orient and foster a team building experience to their members, and provide a completely customized private group run.
See the links below for more information, and please contact us if you would like to discuss how RunBoston can be of service to your organization.
RUNNING CONCIERGERunners visiting the running capital of the country don't want to log boring miles on a treadmill…especially when they can run along the Charles or Boston’s historic Freedom Trail!
The Westin (Boston Waterfront) has proven that a "running concierge" program works and is popular with guests who want to get a run in during their stay in Boston. It is with this type of running program in mind that RunBoston will offer a guided group run in 2011—designed specifically for individual hotels, we would like to introduce RunBoston's Running Concierge service. Ask yourself:
- Would your hotel be interested in having one of our knowledgeable tour guides lead a group run for your hotel in the morning? In the afternoon or evening? Both?
- Would your hotel like a set run on a certain day or days of the week (for example, every Tuesday morning at 6:30 AM), or would you prefer to offer an every weekday run (Monday through Friday) in the evenings? (We encourage a set time and day or days so that hotel staff can better inform guests about this innovative service.)
Any and all guests to Boston will continue to have access to our personalized running tours via our website. However, as an amenity, our concierge running program will set your hotel apart by offering guided group runs to help guests experience all that Boston has to offer.
Please let us know if your hotel would be interested in featuring a RunBoston Running Concierge.
If this is something you would like to offer to your guests, please let us know by clicking below:
ORIENTATIONS OR OTHER SPECIAL EVENTSWith 30+ universities located in the greater Boston area, it can be hard to come up with a new student orientation activity or special event that’s both unique and interesting to students. While there is a dearth of tour opportunities for students, from trolley to duckboats, there’s nothing that provides the “lay of the land” quite like a tour on foot does. But as we at RunBoston always say, “Why walk when you can run?”
We are pleased and excited to now offer historic runs to groups from local universities and colleges. An experienced and knowledgeable guide will lead a group of students* on a running tour of the best sights that Boston has to offer. RunBoston will work with university staff members to determine both the mileage and suggested course in advance of the run.
So why not:
• Set up a few new student orientation runs
• Organize a fun run for alumni weekend
• Start a guided running club with its basis in history/local lore
• Set up a monthly running tour for interested students (e.g., celebrate Black History month in February with a tour through the Black Heritage Trail, 1.6 miles connecting sites of interest; celebrate national literacy month in September with a tour of important literary sights, such as the location of Edgar Allen Poe’s residence).
*For safety and ease, RunBoston suggests a maximum of 30 participants. We also suggest a minimum of 1 guide per (approximately) 7 runners.